This might be your first online interview or maybe you want to brush up on some interviewing tips. Either way, you have come to the right place. Below are a few tips that will assist you with having a positive interview experience:
- Read all of the instructions. Employers sometimes leave requests and special instructions in the job description, email sent to candidates, and the interview description. It is important that you read every word in the employer’s communication. Remember, companies often evaluate a candidate’s ability to follow instructions as a part of the application review process.
- Prepare for the interview. Familiarize yourself with the job description. If available, check out the organization's website or read some of their online content. Knowing the company’s expectations, mission, and goals will help you better understand their interview process and why they are asking certain questions.
- Test your equipment and internet connection prior to starting. First, make sure the device you plan to use is updated and working properly. Then, test to make sure that you have a strong, stable internet connection. If your interview requires a video or audio response, you will be able to test your microphone and camera before you start the interview on the site. You can check if you are using a compatible device and browser here. We recommend using a desktop device with a Google Chrome browser for optimal performance.
- Take your interview when you have uninterrupted time. You are given four days to submit your interview. Otherwise, you can take it at any time during those four days. Conducting your interview in a quiet place, where you won’t be disturbed will boost your productivity. Also, check to see if your interview is timed. Timers can’t be paused and you will need to answer the question(s) before exiting the interview.
- Before submitting the interview, review your answers. You should make sure your responses make sense, are free from typos, and (if applicable) files were uploaded. There is only one chance to take the interview, and you want to make a good impression.
- Contact support if you need assistance. If you encounter any issues with your interview, message support immediately, then wait to submit your interview. You can reach support by selecting the help bubble on the bottom, right-hand side of your screen or emailing email@example.com. For quick answers to common questions, you can visit our help center.
Have fun and let your personality shine! This will be different from most interviews you have experienced and you will encounter some unique questions designed to test your skills. Use this to your advantage by showcasing your skills and projecting your personality. Good luck!